By Leslie Walker, About.com Guide
Personal Web Basics
Learn about building your own personal Web site from scratch. Create your site even if you don't know HMTL and other Web site coding languages. Learn how to use layouts, templates, colors and graphics to design your Web pages. Find out the do's and don'ts of Web site design so you can create great-looking Web pages and an easy-to-use Web site.
- Four Easy Ways to Create a Free Website
- 10 Simple Design Tips
- To Do, And Not To Do
- Good Design Is Essential
- Customize and Personalize
- Organize, Don't Get Lost
- Cut, Copy and Paste Your Way To Better Documents
- Privacy and Security
- Website Editors, Builders
- Personal Website Hosting
- Web Page Templates
- Easy To Add Scripts
- 14 Tips for Adding Graphics & Photos
- Top 10 Photo Hosting & Sharing Sites
- Free Clip Art
Social Networking Basics
Tutorials and tips on using popular social networking sites. Get information on how to add Web apps and layouts to MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hi5, Xanga, Yahoo 360, Windows Live and many others. Also learn how to add graphics, video, music, hacks, avatars and more.
- How To Use Facebook's Homepage, Profile and Wall
- Facebook Tips and Tutorials
- Adding Facebook Photos
- Facebook Apps
- Create a Facebook Group
- Facebook Privacy Settings
- Getting Started with MySpace
- 12 Ways To Make MySpace Better
- MySpace Tutorials and Templates
- MySpace IM
- Games and Gadgets for MySpace
- MySpace Privacy Features
- Hacks for MySpace and Facebook
- Tour Social Networking Sites
- List of Social Networking Sites
Photo Sharing Basics
If you're like me you have a lot of photos that you want to share with your family. What better way then to post them all online? Post all your photos with a photo sharing site, then share them.
Wikis are Web sites that you create and let other people edit and add to. Wikis are good for all sorts of things like club Web sites and Web sites about a specific subject. Let your Web site's members add information and edit old information to keep your wiki fresh.
Blogging is the art of writing down your thoughts and feelings on the Internet. Find out how you can create your own blog, how to add photos, video and music to your blogs and how to write compelling blog entries.