Create Facebook groups and make them about anything you want. Interested in Star Trek? Create a Star Trek fan Facebook group. Like gardening? Create a Facebook group for gardening advice. Have cancer? Create a cancer support Facebook group. Get the idea? Here's a quick tutorial on how you can create your very own Facebook group.
Time Required: 2 minutes
- Log into Facebook. You can't create a Facebook group unless you're a member of Facebook and are logged in.
- Click on the "Groups" link in the main menu on the left side of the page.
- Then click on the "Create a New Group" button on the Groups page.
- Fill out the Facebook group creation form. It asks you questions to help you build your new Facebook group. When you're finished filling out the form, click "Create Group" at the bottom of the page.
- Upload a picture for your group. It should be something related to the theme of your Facebook group. Choose a photo from your computer and click "Upload Picture".
- After you've uploaded a photo, click "Continue".
- Invite members to join your Facebook group. You can invite Facebook friends by choosing them from friend list found on the page. Or, choose other friends, not yet on Facebook, by adding their email address to the email address box that is directly under the fend list. When you're finished inviting friends to join your Facebook group click "Add".
- Click "Finish and View" at the top of the page to finish creating your Facebook group.
- Your Facebook group is now created. You can start adding discussions, messages, videos, photos and other items to your Facebook group.