If you only want your friends to find your Facebook profile in Facebook search, or any other search for that matter, this is all you need to do. Just follow along, change a few settings and block your name from search for that extra feeling of privacy.
Time Required: 2 minutes
- On the top of your Facebook page, hover over "Settings".
- Click on "Privacy Settings".
- Click on the "Search" link.
- In the "Search Discovery" area, choose to only allow your friends to see you in search.
- In the "Search Result Content" area, uncheck anything you don't want people to see when they find you in search.
- Make sure to uncheck "Create a public search listing for me and submit it for search engine indexing". If this is checked you're profile will be listed in public search engines such as Google.