is a site that lets you create and store podcasts. If you have podcasts that you like and want to listen to again and again or add to your Web site that you can use Gcast to store them. Using code from Gcast you can even add your podcasts to your Web site.
What is Gcast?
Add podcasts from the net that have been created by other people to your podcast playlist if you want to. If you'd rather, you can create your own podcasts and then upload them to your podcast playlist. You can even record a podcast right from your cell phone directly to your podcast playlist. Then create other podcast playlists from your master podcast playlist.
How Can I Add Podcasts To Gcast?
There are a couple different ways to add a podcast to your Gcast site:
- Upload - If you already have an audio file on your computer that you want to add to your podcast site you can upload it using Gcast's upload tool. This only takes a minute and is really easy to use.
- GarageBand.com - From your Gcast podcast page you can go to GarageBand.com and download music created by emerging artists. When you find the music you want to add to your Gcast podcast playlist just click "Add to playlist" next to the song.
How Do I Create Podcasts With Gcast?
Creating your own podcasts can also be done a couple different ways:
- Add By Phone - There's a toll free number listed on the Gcast Web site. Just call that number and start recording.
- Upload and Audio File - All your favorite audio files can be added to your Gcast podcast playlist. Just upload them and add them.
- Audacity - Use audio production software like Audacity. Audacity makes creating your own audio files easy.
How Do I Add My Podcasts To My Web Pages?
- First you'll need to sign up for an account with Gcast.
- Then you'll need to add a podcast of yours from your computer or phone.
- Under the box titled, "Listen to Your Podcast" click on the link that says, "Your Name's podcast" (for instance, mine says, "Linda's podcast").
- Under the box with the podcast you added will be a link that says, "Love this podcast? Add it to your blog or MySpace!". Click on this link.
- Choose what size you want your Gcast player.
- Select a color theme for your Gcast player.
- Decide if you want your audio file to auto play when the page is open or not and also if you want the audio file to play again once it's over.
- Copy the code from the box and paste it into the code on your Web site, blog or social networking site.