1. Computing
Students On Computers
Image by Extra Ketchup from Flickr

One of my favorite websites to play on is Facebook. There are so many games, gadgets and tools to play with you could just spend the whole day playing the time away. I also have a lot of friends on Facebook that send me cyber gifts and messages all the time.

I'm not a teen who is just learning how to tell the good people from the bad. I have a knack for knowing when it's time to add an overbearing 'friend' to the ignore list and move on. Sometimes teens trust too much, or they think they can handle anything. That's when they get themselves in trouble.

Before you let your teen start a Facebook site, you're going to want to do a few things to ensure their safety and make sure they don't become one of the ever growing statistics. Here are 6 things you can do to your teen's Facebook privacy settings to make sure they stay safe while they play on Facebook.

Does your teen have a Facebook profile? Do you let them run free or do you set up privacy settings for them?

o 6 Ways To Keep Kids Safe on MySpace
o 22 Ways To Adjust Privacy Settings In Facebook
o 6 MySpace Privacy Features

Comments
August 18, 2008 at 12:25 pm
(1) personalweb says:

I personally don’t set up privacy settings for my son. I’ve discussed the dangers of the Net with him extensively and explained to him that there are ways to protect himself online. Thankfully, he’s set up his own privacy settings.

March 28, 2009 at 3:50 pm
(2) all about loan says:

thank you for the information, I will just use facebook

May 16, 2009 at 5:22 am
(3) shontelle says:

hay there i think i will use face book and yearbook

May 16, 2009 at 5:55 am
(4) personalweb says:

Great, but do you use any privacy settings?

August 16, 2009 at 9:11 pm
(5) christina says:
August 16, 2009 at 9:12 pm
(6) christina says:
August 27, 2009 at 1:08 pm
(7) G says:

I am a teen and I just love Facebook. My mother really liked this article because now she knows how to help protect my profile. I am a teen writer at RadicalParenting.com which is a parenting blog from the kid’s perspective there are 60 teen and tween writers run by teen author, Vanessa Van Petten. We just posted a video of “Why do Teens Use Social Networking Sites?” here:

and would love for you to check it out and tell us what you think or repost if you like it,

Cheers, thanks for checking it out!

G and the Teen Team